Terms of Service
We (the folks at i3labs) run a content aggregation and curation platform called Implicit.io and would love for you to use it. Implicit.io’s basic service is free, and we offer paid upgrades for advanced features such as domain hosting and extra storage. Our service is designed to give you as much control and ownership over what goes on your website as possible and encourage you to express yourself freely. However, be responsible in what you publish. In particular, make sure that none of the prohibited items (like spam, viruses, or serious threats of violence) appear on your site.
If you find a Implicit.io website that you believe violates these Terms of Service, please visit our dispute resolution & reporting page.
We also have additional services and products designed to make the web a better place like Implicit.io VIP.
(Automattic made the below Terms of Service available under a Creative Commons Sharealike license, which means you’re more than welcome to repurpose it for your own use. Just make sure to replace references to us with ones to you, and if you don’t mind we’d appreciate a link to Implicit.io somewhere on your website. We spent a lot of money and time on the below, and other people shouldn’t need to do the same.)
Terms of Service:
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using our Services. By accessing or using any part of our Services, you agree to become bound by the Terms of this Agreement. If you do not agree to all the Terms of this Agreement, then you may not access or use any of our Services. If these Terms are considered an offer by i3labs, acceptance is expressly limited to these Terms.
Our Services are not directed to children younger than 13, and access and use of our Services is only offered to users 13 years of age or older. If you are under 13 years old, please do not register to use our Services. Any person who registers as a user or provides their personal information to our Services represents that they are 13 years of age or older.
Use of our Services requires a Implicit.io account. You agree to provide us with complete and accurate information when you register for an account. You will be solely responsible and liable for any activity that occurs under your username. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
- Your Implicit.io Account and Website. If you create a site on Implicit.io, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and site, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the site. You must immediately notify i3labs of any unauthorized uses of your site, your account, or any other breaches of security. i3labs will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- Responsibility of Contributors. If you operate a site, comment on a site, post material to Implicit.io, post links on Implicit.io, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available (any such material, “Content”), you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content or your conduct. That is the case regardless of what form the Content takes, which includes, but is not limited to text, photo, video, audio, or code. By using Implicit.io, you represent and warrant that your Content and conduct do not violate these Terms or the User Guidelines. By submitting Content to i3labs for inclusion on your website, you grant i3labs a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing, and promoting your site. This license allows i3labs to make publicly-posted content available to third parties selected by i3labs (through the i3labs Firehose, for example) so that these third parties can analyze and distribute (but not publicly display) your content through their services. You also give other Implicit.io users permission to share your Content on other Implicit.io websites and add their own Content to it (aka to reblog your Content), so long as they use only a portion of your post and they give you credit as the original author by linking back to your website (the reblogging function on Implicit.io does this automatically!). If you delete Content, i3labs will use reasonable efforts to remove it from Implicit.io, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable. Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, i3labs has the right (though not the obligation) to, in i3labs’s sole discretion, (i) reclaim your username or website’s URL due to prolonged inactivity, (ii) refuse or remove any content that, in i3labs’s reasonable opinion, violates any i3labs policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (iii) terminate or deny access to and use of Implicit.io to any individual or entity for any reason. i3labs will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- Web Traffic. We use a third party, comScore, Inc. (“comScore”), to measure Implicit.io’s audience and usage. By hosting your site on Implicit.io, you agree to assign the traffic relating to your website to i3labs and authorize us to sign a Traffic Assignment Letter on your behalf for comScore audience measurement reports. Your website’s traffic will be included under i3labs. You understand that your website will not receive credit for traffic in these reports, and you must not assign your website’s traffic to any other party. If we or comScore require additional documentation to verify ownership of your website or domain name, you agree to make reasonable efforts to accommodate such requests.
- Ecommerce. There are certain features on Implicit.io, such as Store and Simple Payments, that enable you to sell items (goods, content, services, etc.) on your website. Store is powered by WooCommerce and Jetpack, so if you use Store, these additional terms apply. You are solely responsible for all of your ecommerce activities, including your store, your items, its operation, all applicable taxes and fees, and compliance with any applicable laws. Among other things, this means that:
- You should use your best judgment when setting up your store, operating your store, and selling items. For example, you may not want to accept check payments if you are not comfortable sharing your mailing address with a customer, or you may want to publish payment and return policies.
- We are not involved in your relationships or transactions with any customer or potential customer.
- You are responsible for resolving all support questions, comments, and complaints, including refunds, chargebacks, or pricing questions. You should provide contact information so that customers may contact you with questions or complaints.
- You are responsible for delivering items sold to your customers, and for fulfilling all promises, representations, or warranties you make to them in connection with a sale.
- You are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with your ecommerce activities. You must collect, report, and/or pay the correct amounts to the appropriate authorities, if applicable, and if needed, inform your customers about any taxes they may be required to pay and issue appropriate invoices. While Store enables you to include sales tax in transactions, you should not rely solely on this feature.
- You must not violate our User Guidelines or Store Guidelines.
- HTTPS. We offer free HTTPS on all Implicit.io sites by default, including those using custom domains, via Let’s Encrypt. By signing up and using a custom domain on Implicit.io, you authorize us to act on the domain name registrant’s behalf (by requesting the necessary certificates, for example) for the sole purpose of providing HTTPS on your site.
- Advertisements. i3labs reserves the right to display advertisements on your site unless you have purchased an Ad-free Upgrade or a VIP Service account.
- Attribution. i3labs reserves the right to display attribution text or links in your site footer or toolbar, attributing Implicit.io or the theme author, for example. The toolbar may not be altered or removed. Attribution text or links may only be hidden if you are subscribed to Implicit.io Business or VIP.
- Friends of Implicit.io Themes. By activating a partner theme from the Friends of Implciit.io section of our themes directory, you agree to that partner’s terms of service. You can opt out of their terms of service at any time by de-activating a partner theme.
- Payment and Renewal.
- General Terms. Optional paid services such as extra storage or domain purchases are available (any such services, an “Upgrade”). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay i3labs the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. More details are available in our refund policy.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify i3labs before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you. Upgrades can be canceled at any time in the Upgrades section of your website’s dashboard.
- VIP Service. VIP Hosting/Support and VIP Support services are provided by i3labs under the terms and conditions for each such service, which are located at vip.Implicit.io/hosting-tos and vip.Implicit.io/support-tos, respectively. By signing up for a VIP Hosting/Support or VIP Support services account, you agree to abide by such terms and conditions.
2. Responsibility of Visitors.
i3labs has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to our Services, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating our Services, i3labs does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful, or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Our Services may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. Our Services may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. i3labs disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of our Services, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
3. Content Posted on Other Websites.
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Implicit.io links, and that link to Implicit.io. i3labs does not have any control over those non-Implicit.io websites, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Implicit.io website, i3labs does not represent or imply that it endorses such website. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. i3labs disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Implicit.io websites and webpages.
4. Third Party Services.
You may enable services, products, software (like themes or plugins), or applications developed by a third party or yourself (“Third Party Services”) on your site.
If you use any Third Party Services, you understand that:
- Third Party Services are not vetted, endorsed, or controlled by i3labs.
- Any use of a Third Party Service is at your own risk, and we shall not be responsible or liable to anyone for Third Party Services.
- Your use is solely between you and the respective third party (“Third Party”) and will be governed by the Third Party’s terms and policies. It is your responsibility to review the Third Party’s terms and policies before using a Third Party Service.
- Third Party Services may not work appropriately with your website, and we may not be able to provide support for issues caused by any Third Party Services.
- If you have questions or concerns about how a Third Party Service operates, or need support, please contact the Third Party directly.
In rare cases, we may at our discretion, suspend, disable, or remove Third Party Services from your account or website.
5. Copyright Infringement and DMCA Policy.
As i3labs asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by Implicit.io violates your copyright, you are encouraged to notify i3labs in accordance with i3labs’s Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) Policy. i3labs will respond to all such notices, including as required or appropriate by removing the infringing material or disabling all links to the infringing material. i3labs will terminate a visitor’s access to and use of the website if, under appropriate circumstances, the visitor is determined to be a repeat infringer of the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of i3labs or others. In the case of such termination, i3labs will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid to i3labs.
6. Intellectual Property.
This Agreement does not transfer from i3labs to you any i3labs or third party intellectual property, and all right, title, and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with i3labs. i3labs, WordPress, Implicit.io, the Implicit.io logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Implicit.io or our Services, are trademarks or registered trademarks of i3labs or i3labs’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with our Services may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of our Services grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any i3labs or third-party trademarks.
We are constantly updating our Services, and that means sometimes we have to change the legal terms under which our Services are offered. If we make changes that are material, we will let you know by posting on one of our sites, or by sending you an email or other communication before the changes take effect. The notice will designate a reasonable period of time after which the new terms will take effect. If you disagree with our changes, then you should stop using our Services within the designated notice period. Your continued use of our Services will be subject to the new terms. However, any dispute that arose before the changes shall be governed by the Terms (including the binding individual arbitration clause) that were in place when the dispute arose.
i3labs may terminate your access to all or any part of our Services at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Implicit.io account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using our Services. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
9. Disclaimer of Warranties.
Our Services are provided “as is.” i3labs and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither i3labs nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that our Services will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, our Services at your own discretion and risk.
10. Jurisdiction and Applicable Law.
Except to the extent applicable law, if any, provides otherwise, this Agreement, any access to or use of our Services will be governed by the laws of the state of California, U.S.A., excluding its conflict of law provisions, and the proper venue for any disputes arising out of or relating to any of the same will be the state and federal courts located in San Francisco County, California.
11. Arbitration Agreement.
Except for claims for injunctive or equitable relief or claims regarding intellectual property rights (which may be brought in any competent court without the posting of a bond), any dispute arising under this Agreement shall be finally settled in accordance with the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service, Inc. (“JAMS”) by three arbitrators appointed in accordance with such Rules. The arbitration shall take place in San Francisco, California, in the English language and the arbitral decision may be enforced in any court. The prevailing party in any action or proceeding to enforce this Agreement shall be entitled to costs and attorneys’ fees.
12. Limitation of Liability.
In no event will i3labs, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this Agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement for substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to i3labs under this Agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. i3labs shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
13. General Representation and Warranty.
14. US Economic Sanctions.
You expressly represent and warrant that your use of our Services and or associated services and products is not contrary to applicable U.S. Sanctions. Such use is prohibited, and i3labs reserves the right to terminate accounts or access of those in the event of a breach of this condition.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless i3labs, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of our Services, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
These Terms of Service were originally written in English (US). We may translate these terms into other languages. In the event of a conflict between a translated version of these Terms of Service and the English version, the English version will control.
This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between i3labs and you concerning the subject matter hereof, and they may only be modified by a written amendment signed by an authorized executive of i3labs, or by the posting by i3labs of a revised version.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof.
You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; i3labs may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.